Dienstag, 10. Januar 2012

No big U.S. naval buildup in Asia, top officer says

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's decision to reorient the U.S. military's focus to the Asia-Pacific region will not lead to a major naval buildup there, the top U.S. Navy officer said on Tuesday, adding that the United States already has a robust presence in the area.
Obama last week unveiled a new military strategy shifting attention to Asia over the next decade while downsizing the overall force, moves that will accommodate significant cuts in projected U.S.

Read more ...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen